The workshop addresses the highly sought-after service of the ageing population and gives you the opportunity to practise your skills on cadavers. The workshop can be completed individually or as a pre-requisite of the Advanced Certificate of Clinical Procedures. The practical workshop is held in the evenings (after hours) to meet the needs of time-poor medical professionals. The workshop includes hands-on performance under the guidance of an experienced medical practitioner who specialises in the field.
This workshop will provide you with the skills to:
- Specify the basic principles of joint puncture and soft tissue injections
- Review basic joint anatomy and plan safe treatment
- Discuss anaesthesia and safe practices
- Recognize and describe specific conditions that require joint puncture and soft tissue injections
- Perform joint puncture and soft tissue injections and receive feedback on performance
- Teacher: Case Reviewer